8.06.2010

Ignorance of Love

At the end of days
will we ask ourselves if we really
ever loved one another?
Cast in doubt, the achievement
of our greatest cause. We didn't
take the time to consider if our
actions were reflections of Love.
I wouldn't own up to my mistakes;
I deliberately diminished my learning.
Stood proudly on my heap of nothing
pretending the universe spun around me
while others screamed until voices broke,
gone unheard, not acknowledged, disregarded
never afforded a sense of being or existence.
My head is laden heavy and my
heart swollen for the blatant
disregard. It debases the Love
that may be humanity's one redeeming
quality.

But the contest remains, as it's
done before and may forever remain.
I cannot be discouraged.
For it is by this very strife, that
my courage is needed.
Please give me strength in my
bone to stand, and air in my
lungs to speak, and heart in my
soul to Love the enemy--the
ignorance of Love.

No comments: