3.28.2012

Inspired by RadiohED

Who let you out of your cage?
Oh shit, my bad
I stepped into your ring
Duck and near miss.
Every time I formulate a thought
I have to watch out for the aim of your wrecking ball
every time I try to connect the dots
you come by with your ray gun to erase my thoughts
'We will not stand for your so-called madness'
But I thought I was the voice of reason?
We will not drink of your Prozac gladness
Hurry up and pass over the flask
Kitty cat with clever claws
my ideas are in shreds by their flaws
But I thought you were the voice of treason
the devil's earworm making me squirm
Caste your eyes on High
We will not reach for your big Blue sky
Someone light some incense and start the seance
and turn the hour glass to measure the fragments of an instance
and whisper your raised hush, and raise your whispered voice
An octave high to the shattered glass
we cannot pass through this Life and other ethereal spaces
not with these thickly made up stage faces--I have an idea
Hold still for the pretty wrecking ball

No comments: