1.04.2012

Serious nonsense

I haven't fallen in love
in quite some time
Just piece together
some affection and companionship
every now and again
But I watch the way
you move and the secret joy
you keep
and the laughter that you roll out
I sense the confidence with which
you engage the world
It triggers a sense of admiration
on my part, it triggers a chord
in my heart
I watch your determination,
purpose, intention, and earnestness
It makes me wish
to peel the thin layer of superficiality
that I've so longed to shed
I watch your no-nonsense and
yet catch your growing
mischief.
I like the way
you play
I choose only to be in
your space for the simple joy
it brings
And I'm curious about your
vulnerabilities... for your front
is so stalwart, but I know
we all carry our doubts
and it's only that I want to rest you assure
and confirm your bravery

No comments: